Disney Censorship..Again!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Mon Dec 4 12:22:50 CET 2000

Rodney Bowcock Jr:

"I was very shocked to hear Kriton, or anyone else for that matter applaud
Disney's censoring of a story.  Even if you found the gags in poor taste,
you had the option of making your own decision.  In the "land of free
speech" we weren't given the chance to decide these things for ourselves.
 Someone at Disney decided for us that it wasn't appropriate for us to
read, assuming that this was inappropriate for young children, though I
question (and have always questioned) how many children read comic books
in the USA period-much less one that costs $6.95."

I agree totally with you! Some time ago, The Encyclopedia of Disney Animated
Shots Site( http://www.geocities.com/~eutychus55/ ), made a petition about
the cuts from Disney movies and shorts...and Roy Disney respond this
petition:

November 3, 2000

Dear Mr. Malone:

Thank you very much for your recent letter regarding the "cuts
and edits" in some of our  recent re-issued films on the DVD
format.

It has served to pointedly call our attention to the issues you
(and those whose letters and Emails you include) are concerned
with, and I can assure you that we take them very seriously.

We are now in the process of taking a closer look at our own
policies in this regard (although that probably won't happen
until after the end of the year), and I will make it a point to
keep you informed if we should decide that those policies might
be changed in some way. Clearly I can't be more specific than
that.

Again, thanks for your concern.

Sincerly,

Roy E. Disney"

To me is good listen something from someone as Mr. Disney, that really
respect his uncle's vision.
I know that this is not specific about Disney Comics, but the censorship
that we see on the movies is so bad as the comics ones...If Disney Company
will think one day on the real fans...they will probably stop this
ridiculous cuts...on movies, on shorts, on Comics...I hope!

Sincerally,
Fernando!