DCML digest, Vol 1 #344 - 9 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Dec 7 08:27:16 CET 2000

STEVEN:

> I take it that you've never had someone threw a pie in your face... it
> may be clean, but it's not wholesome and I've never seen anyone (but
> actors) laugh it off.

The above seems to suggest that this has happened to you at least once,
and that you've seen it done to people who are not actors more than
once--wow!

> I feel sure that the majority of folks reading Don's story are kids,
> who are saying "ooohhhh, they are in a bunch of prune juice, gross;
> and smilingly turn the page".

My feeling is that this is the only kind of audience who would appreciate
this kind of humor. On the other hand, my feeling about the audience
of Don's stories is that it consists primarily of one person in his
mid-forties(?), and secondarily of like-minded people of all ages,
i.e., that it is a bit more mature. On the other hand (the third?!?),
that audience also includes people like me, so the above assessment
could be completely mistaken.

FRANCESCO:

> have some original contents.
> If so, it would be nice if any of you Greeks here in list (you're hundreds
> ;-) could translate (hint, hint!) them in English for us ignorant (and

APOSTOLIS:

> I can translate the articles. but I need someone to check my translations
> for mistakes. Maybe Kriton can help me, if he have free time offcourse :-)

I just realized that my office has a very interesting ceiling that makes
me want to whistle... ;-)

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The impossible is only something that hasn't happened to you yet."
-----