Brazilian Gags and Barks Birthday

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Tue Dec 12 15:12:31 CET 2000

Don's List with artists and characters for Bark's 100th Birthday:

Here's the list
that Byron sent me:

Uncle Scrooge -- Romano Scarpa
Magica de Spell -- Daniel Branca
Flintheart Glomgold -- Vicar
Beagle Boys / Money Bin -- Don Rosa
Gladstone Gander -- Cesar Ferioli
Gyro Gearloose -- William Van Horn
Gyro's Helper -- (perhaps) Marco Rota

Junior Woodchucks -- Kari Korhonen
(Who is? Any special story to remenber?)

Neighbor Jones -- Daan Jippes
April, May, and June -- Esteban

It is very interisting! It makes me
remenber that
some years ago, when Abril launched a Zé Carioca Special(Anos de Ouro do Zé
carioca), in 4 volmes, republishing the 2/3 first years off Carioca's comics
in Brazil...It contains some drawn from brazilian, non-Disney,
cartunists...and more special, specially for me, some gags from the
brazilian Disney creators...It is the first time I listen the name off most
off then! And it is, probably, one of the few times that the "brazilian
team" received a REAL credit.

It was a shame that "only" gags are published...with credits,
let me list it:

.Gag 1:
Joe work as a sattelite repairer
Writte by: Carlos Henrique F.Rangel (Hum...it is the first and only time I
listen something about him...)
Draw by: Jorge Kato (First brazilian Disney drawer)

.Gag 2:
Joe appear in some poses, to the gag, like when you pose for pictures
Writte and Draw: the GREAT Renato Canini (It's strange...nobody knows about
Canini on the lasts years!!!)

.Gag 3:
Joe do some sport, tennis!
Writte by: Arthur Faria Jr (You know him! He is great!)
Drawn by: Euclides Miyaura(our editor now)

.Gag 4:
Nestor speak about Joe and Rosinha long love
Writte by: Gerson Teixeira (another great writter)
Drawn by: Eli Leon (one of the "veterans" Disney artists)

.Gag 5:
Joe and some pollitical problem
Writte by: Luiz Antonio Aguiar(Hum...I don't know nothing about him...)
Drawn by: Luiz Podavim (a very good and careful drawer)

.Gag 6
Joe try again to keep some off Pedrão's Jacas (brazilian fruit)
Writte by: Kaled Kaliu Kambour
Drawn by: Moacyr Rodrigues (Probably some of the best Disney comics covers
was made by him)

I know there are no special reason to you read it...but it is one off the
few times I see some credit on Brazil, so I think it is important to say...!
:)
Maybe Arthur can tell us about this gags, or maybe...not!

Thank You!
Fernando!
(Hum...I'm not sure, but I think that one story writte by me will be on the
brazilian newstands tomorrow...! I'm uneasy!!!)