About KOMIX articles

Apostolis Trikourakis komix at compulink.gr
Wed Dec 13 20:10:01 CET 2000

Don Rosa wrote:

> Ah, yes, if that's the case, they *are* stealing. A year or two ago I told
> KOMIX they should stop doing that, and maybe that's why they hired their
> new text writer. If that's still going on, it's happening only in the
texts
> that he does not supply.

Like Archontis Pantsios wrote in a previous mail, if you want to write an
article you must have a experience. Carl Barks, Don Rosa, Romano Scarpa and
all the other artists was unknow in Greece until the beginning of Komix'
publication in 1988. There was no articles from 1966 to 1988 about Disney,
the artists and the characters, no interviews, not even credits or a simple
note in each story (apart from the code, maybe).
When Komix started publishing stories, there was not even one text writer
with an experience to those stories. So, they started translating articles
from other magazines (mostly American and Italian). In the middle of 98',
Komix started publishing original articles [like the survey about Don's
hidden Mickeys (ok, I know that all the images from those 2 articles have
been taken from Thomass Lauritsen' page)] and interviews by Don Rosa.
I think that Komix writers have now learned a lot of things about Disney
comics and specially for both Carl's and Don's stories, and they're ready to
write original articles.
So, can we forgive them? I cannot think that they was trying to "steal" the
other writers' work.
Best Wishes and Merry Christmas

P.S. My Hotmail account ( komix43 at hotmail.com ) is not longer exists. Use my
other 2 mail accounts for getting contact with me

Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens
E-mail: komix at compulink.gr & komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/komixgreekpage