Chase Craig

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Dec 20 13:23:20 CET 2000

STEVEN ROWE, 10-12-2000:

> Why should we expect Craig to recall why certain panels were removed?
> An event he probably had to do with multitude of artists (and writers)
> throughtout the years; as far as we know - decisions that he had to do
> maybe a couple of times a week.  The fact that Barks was left mostly
> alone, doesn't mean that the few times he wasn't would make it all the
> more memorable to a busy editor.
> In the event that someone does get to meet / inteview Craig, I hope
> that the focus would be on getting him to recall his career, and to
> let it flow with what is important to him, rather than to try to force
> him to recall events whose context is different to him than to us.

I think the interview should indeed focus on Chase Craig's career and on
Western in general. As we don't know what exactly he can remember and in
what detail, it might be worth to at least try to ask him some detailed
questions (like the cutting of some specific Barks stories). If he doesn't
know the answer, then those questions can be skipped. The same for other
questions which are too detailed to remember.

As long as there are enough questions ready to choose from, the
interviewer will be able to go into any direction. The limits will be
given by Chase himself or his memory.

Best wishes,

--- Daniel