2 billion Di$n€y readers?

teemu.merikumpu@suomi24.fi teemu.merikumpu at suomi24.fi
Sun Dec 24 09:08:57 CET 2000

Søren wrote:

> Note the major difference between "27,000 every year" and 1,000,000 every
> *WEEK*!

You see?! Something is wrong. What does 1 million every *week* mean, does
it mean 52 million people in Finland read this every *year*? :-) If not,
why state the "every week" or "every year" then?

I think a similar mistake was made when the "two billion" figure was
calculated; some numbers was multiplied wrongly, like number of weeks times
number of published issues times whatever.

The number of people who reads Disney comics (not per year, not per anything!)
is probably much lower, I'm afraid.
<<<<<<<<
Agreed, two billion sounds a bit high. Perhaps the reference has been to
copies sold or something like that. For example, there are not 52 million
finns who could read Aku Ankka but there is a difference between "27000
a year" and "1 million a week". I could easily imagine  1 million finns
read Aku Ankka each week. They might not have bought it themselves but they
might be reading a copy bought by their friend, son, cousin, Santa Claus
etc.
Now what was my point? Sorry, I lost my trail of now. I guess I was saying
that the one-third of world's population picks up and reads some sorta disney
product during a year doesn't sound funny to me.
Did I understand that 2 billion bit wrong? If so I apologize; I been working
the graveyard shift last two weeks. It's starting to make me dizzy.

Merry Xmas and Happy Year,
Teemu