Brazilian stories

Francois Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Fri Feb 4 01:50:41 CET 2000

> > the main point about eBay is that the winning bidder does
> > *not* pay the amount of his bid, but he simply pays
> > one increment over the second-highest
> > bidder's bid
>
> I wonder why they introduced such a system. Looks quite unfair to
> me: if you want something and make sure noone else bids anymore,
> just bid a billion dollars (and pay only $205).

Possibly new bids need not to have a higher value than previous bids. So
someone else can bid 999 999 995 dollars for the same item (and you'll
end up paying as much as this).

Fernando Ventura:

>Yes, Brazil production off Disney Comics return with new histories,
>that i'll be exported to various countries!

I'm very glad to here about this. I've always considered that the
Brazilian stories from the 80s and early 90s were some of the best
Disney comics produced!