More reviews soon

"Jørgen Andreas Bangor" jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Sat Feb 26 04:35:47 CET 2000

Hello, list

I'll be back with a few more reviews soon, probably on monday. Have
had a lot to catch up with for a while.

Arie had a question about my name, which Anders answered correctly.
For some reason the body of the letters are translated from eight-bit
character sets to seven-bit (which the protocol can handle), and then
back to eight-bit again, while headers are translated from eight-bit
to seven-bit, and _not_ back to eight-bit. This messes up the letters
which are not in the English alphabet (and the "good old" ASCII
(ISO-646) character set).

And no, I'm certainly not offended. If anyone should be, it's the people
who made those protocols many years ago, without thinking of all the
alphabets that have more letters than the English one.

Personally I'm much more offended by people who _don't_ ask questions,
and therefore just walk around assuming things, and misinforming other
people.

And, David! That was a nice one you had in last weeks weekly! It was a
great thrill to see Scarpa there. And nice work on the script too. More
of that, please :-)

   Jørgen