Israelian Disney Comics

Vidar Svendsen vsvends at online.no
Tue Jan 18 00:46:20 CET 2000

Marco Barlotti:

>Rats! I've been scooped!
>I was to Israel for New Year's Eve (and a few days after that), and I also
>bought a Disney Comic featuring Donald Duck.

>Let's hope we have different issues! Mine is dated 2nd january 2000.

Mine is dated 1 Dec. 1999

>And: it's a hard job for the indexers! While reversing the pages (because
>the Israelians, like the arabs, read "backward"...) they ERASE the code! So
>there remains only the tiny rectangular box in the splash-panel, but no
>code in it!!!

Yes! I've found one of the stories in a Norwegian comic.
As to indexing.... one additional problem is that it's got two prices:
9.30 shekels in the Eilat economic zone, and 10.90 shekels in the rest of
Israel.
I guess we'll have to discuss that when I get back to indexing.
Vidar Svendsen                        http://members.home.com/vsvendsen/

"There is an art, it says,
or rather, a knack to flying
The knack lies in learning