misunderstood

oliv lascif at online.fr
Tue Jan 18 22:50:50 CET 2000

DIDIER wrote :
>Pascal usually does not use that kind of logic (others do but believe me NOT
>him. He is much more interested in the number of reasers that PM gets than
>in the profits it generates)

OK, but i didn't incriminate Pascal, just Hachette.

> I think he is trying to reprint every single
>story that Barks ever created, but he might not do it in the most logical or
>in in fans' favorite order.
Here, let me doubt about that or maybe he can't do
everything he want to do.
e.g. : they begun to print the single page Barks gag
This should have been the beginning of a complete
series and ... it has stopped after 2 or 3 times.
The same for Gander series.
What do you think i can think ;-)

>Moreover, he is not against publishing some of Rota's stories, although he
>does give preference to Barks and Rosa as an editorial choice.

Yes, he did it about one year ago.

But this is not the matter.
My problem is that they reprint the stories which were
recently reprinted instead of the one which weren't
reprinted since several ten of years.
By this way, the old reader could be satisfied and
the young wouldn't see the difference.
And i'm not talking about the problematical stories
like "Darkest Africa".

Oliv