How To Read Donald Duck (RE: Southern adventures)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at research.kpn.com
Thu Jan 27 11:57:13 CET 2000

Ole:

> Looking at the few panels we
> know from the story, I'm getting more and more convinced
> that the art has not only been traced (redrawn) but most
> likely the whole story is made by someone copying art
> from various sources and making a whole new story of it.
> Some of the art is *so* bad - even by Italian standards.  ;-)

In the book "How To Read Donald Duck", *all* illustrations look like badly
traced copies of the stories. Even the Barks ones. Since the book was not
okayed by Disney, it sounds logical to me that they didn't have original
prints of the artwork.

BTW, the Dutch translation *was* made in cooperation with the Dutch Disney
editors...

--Harry.