NILS, TRYG, MORTEN and others (iisue 66)

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sun Jan 30 16:25:56 CET 2000

NILS
Easy-to-use Taliaferro index
The Inducks should work as such an index, but I'm not sure.

TRYG
Thanks for the adresses, I'll check them.

> The mad quote

Oh, well, Maybe I saw the quote here and then asked, I'm not sure. I
joined the list as soon as i was connected online from home, and that
was summer 1998.
Before that i didn't even now that one could get a free email at
certain places.

Scientific comic-fans.
We could make a survey here? How many of you read both (Duck) comics
and science fiction.
I am one of them. As I see Jules verne as the father of the genre, and
I've read a bunch of other SF-books too.

Another nice quote at the end. this time I haven't got an idea where it
comes from...

MORTEN

Thanks for reseaching the road-question in the Norwegian weekly,

Meantime I asked the danish translator, and he is the man. he told me
that he used the Boulevard name 3 times before. (Myckey Mysteries
95-11, AA96-48 and AE 97-02 to the interested parts). I still think
it's a very nice tribute, and am sorry that I hadn't noticed it before.
I remember that a map of Duckburg came out in 1998 and it must have
been too old as this Boulevard wasn't on... To defence themselves back
then, they of course said that "Duckburg is a city under development,
so don't be surprised if new roads suddenly turns up."
One thing is sure though: In danish comics Donald lives on a street
called Paradise Aple Road. I don't know for how long he has lived
there, and I wonder if the gladstone, or maybe Barks had certain
charecter living on certain roads, for many years?

PS: I know what you refer too, and I hope the involved norwegian will
sometime forgive me. I haven't even read the faq for the newsgroup we
are both in.

ØRJAN

Hi! and I think it's nice to see you her, as I haven't seen you here
before.

> I was wondering if anyone have Don Rosa's e-mail adress?

> Maybe Don Rosa himself will answer my question? (I know you read and
> contribute to this mailing list :-)
When Don Rosa contributes here the next time, if he hasn't allready by
now, you'll be able to see his adress in the adress-field, it's that
simple:-)

KRITON
Thank you so much for translating those big editorials. I have the
issue itself, and I will print the translattion out, thank you:-)

"Nyssa"

> I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate as to what the
"Uncle
> Scrooge: The Great Wig Mystery" might be worth. Thanks
The classic answer to such a question here is: what you yourself think
it's worth.
I already have the story myself, so I wouldn't be intreested. try
selling it at an auction-page.

ARTHUR
again, an auction-page would be the right choice (maybe ebay?). or
perhaps www.brucehamilton.co (The page where galdstone is also
situated), you can find
form to fill in to get back-issues