Taliaferro strips

Thierry Fernand favio31 at caramail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:00:11 CET 2000

>>I have been uploading a few original 1947 Donald Duck
>>Sunday Pages by Al Taliaferro at the following site
>>http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Cinema/9080/index.html
> So I think I'm not the only one anxiously waiting for
> more Taliaferro years....

A few other examples of taliaferro's works may be
uploaded,
so please check the site from time to time!

>P.S.: Why that missing date? Unavailable, Taliaferro
ill, or what?

That sunday page really was drawn by Taliaferro, and my
guess is material damage only.

There are some sunday pages that are seldom reprinted, by
the way, eg Gladstone "forgot" several Silly Symphonies
Donald pages in the "Donald Duck" comics. But in this case,
I think that once again this was only a material problem.

One that (apparently?) *is* a problem is the Donald daily
strip of March 3 1938.
I think that in the few recent reprints available, the text
was changed. I have never seen the original strip myself,
so I can only make guesses.
Apparently Donald is throwing a stone (?) to a person who
is not shown. I'm not sure if that person is supposed to be
of African origin in the original strip.

Maybe someone who has more information can enlighten us
on this?

  Favio

******* Check Favio's Ultimate Taliaferro page at
******* http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Cinema/9080/