digest #111

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Mar 13 13:39:51 CET 2000

From: "Rodney w bowcock jr."
>>>Don asked me to write something telling you about this and I'm not sure
if this is what he wanted or not.

Sure, that was fine... It's just that I frequently get requests to write
about my studio or work habits or "vault"... but I don't ever see any time
or place where such self-promotion would be appropriate. I don't have a
web-site like many do since I don't have the need or time for it and it
would only look bad to the few sour-minded people who don't realize that
limitless self-promotion, even if it succeeded in selling an extra trillion
copies of Rosa stories, does not do me an ounce of $ good in this system.
I'd still like to do it just for the Duckfans who request it and even
though there are numerous fan-sites, I still would not personally submit
such a report to them as it's just not my nature (even though the shameless
lil' egomaniac in my soul would love to see it!)
Anyway, that's why I suggested to you that you mention a little of what you
saw... but more significantly, when friend and ML member Francesco Stajano
visited here last month, we set about with the specific purpose of
preparing the material for a website-feature that would be a lengthier
report of a visit here, including many photos. If Frank has as much free
time to work on such stuff as I do, he might whip something up by the year
2009... but I hope he finds a break in his schedule eventually, and he'll
put together a lil' photo-text essay and tell us where on the WWW to view
it.