(no subject)

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu May 4 19:34:20 CEST 2000

I just received Another Rainbow's spring catalog. It contains a letter
from Bruce Hamilton, which I believe is of interest to the list. I'm
reproducing most of it below, omitting the more commercial bits about
some pre-Gladstone Disney comics that they will be making available for
sale in the near future.

Gladstone Comic Book Report

If I've learned one thing in the last 50 years it is that you can
sometimes read between the lines. Apparently a pact has been agreed to
between The Walt Disney Company and Diamond Comics Distributors to say
nothing--good or bad-, promising or unpromising--about what's going on
in the negotiations for Diamond to resume publishing Gladstone's comic
books. So, I guess it's time _to read between the lines!_

After an incredible fifteen months the talks are still going on, so I
would say that's promising. If either side were to take a non-negotiable
position, it would stop the talks dead. But I hear the discussions
continue, and--attorney's fees being what they are--I'm tempted to read
something positive here _between the lines._

As we have said before, full refund moneys have been set aside and anyone
can get a refund for their comic book subscription at any time. However,
Steve Geppi of Diamond has assured me all unfulfilled subscriptions will
receive extra issues as a "patience" bonus. I just talked to Gary and
Sue Leach the other day and Gary told me they're getting a "nostalgic
longing" to resume producing the Disney line of comic books, several
issues of which are all but finished, ready to go to press.

Carl Barks Kudos Wanted!

Carl Barks celebrated his 99th birthday March 27 and if there's anyone
who really does not need kudos, it's Barks. Nonetheless, there will be
year-long centennial celebrations honoring the Old Duck Man which Another
Rainbow will join, probably on the Internet, so we're inviting everyone
to write, fax or e-mail us a paragraph on _"What Carl Barks Means To Me."_
It can be personal, professional, nostalgic or inspirational, we just want
to know your feelings. And we'd like to print or post on the Internet
what you've written. Please write and tell us if we can use your quote,
name, state, and country (no specific addresses will be given).

        Kriton  (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
                (WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"One lump or two?"