Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

YMH@aol.com YMH at aol.com
Sun May 21 19:11:22 CEST 2000

In a message dated 5/21/00 6:00:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dcml-admin at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

> > I'm the kind of person that wishes they had comics at >my local public
> library so that I could read them and >then return them. Anyway, I'd really
> love to read Life >and Times of Scrooge McDuck. But I can't pay the $4 back
>
> issue price. Does anyone have any ideas for me?
>
>  We are talking about USA, right? I am not sure if this
>  will apply there, but do they have have those comics
>  in some other public library? If so, you might be able
>  to get them temporally to your library as a some sort
>  of  "a long distance lend". Some other DCML reader who
>  has got the american issues could probably give the
>  needed information to specify which numbers of which
>  magazine you want etc. If all else fails, is there
>  (USA?) such a library which collects one copy of practically everything
>  for researchers to use?
>  As of how much this costs or even if it is possible,
>  I obviously don't have a clue. At least in Finland
>  "long distance lend" is rather cheap and finding a
>  library which has comics is easy.

Hmm... I suppose I could do it through interlibrary lone via my university,
but not for the original comics; I've never seen any library ever that lends
out things like that. But I seem to recall seeing a picture of a hardcover
collection of all of the issues somewhere on the web. Does anyone know if
that book actually exists, and if so, what is its official title and ISBN
number?

Thank you,
Yossi Horowitz