"But I though she was *your* grandmother?!"

Kooijman, R. r.kooijman at fd.agro.nl
Tue May 23 23:18:57 CEST 2000

Harry:
> BTW, talking about traditions: in this week's Dutch weekly, Scrooge is
Grandma's brother again. Now that *is* confusing...

Ole:
> The story in question is W WDC 125-04 (no title) about Scrooge hiring
> Bad Pete(!) to spy on Grandma Duck(!!).
>
> It would be interesting to hear from anyone with the original language
> editions of these early Scrooge stories what exactly the dialog says.
> The early WDC Grandma Duck stories have (sadly) never been
> reprinted in
> English, but I suspect that the Dutch translator may have
> chosen to "do
> the right thing" and translate correctly, even if it may have confused
> poor Harry.

Hi Harry and Ole,

It is possible that the Dutch translator may have add this but in the other
dutch reprint (weekly 29 from 1955) Scrooge refers to her only as "Grandma"
and the piece of text mentioning the "Brother of ..." isn't in the old
reprint.

Roy   (http://mars.spaceports.com/~ddossier)
(back to lurking mode..)