Gladstone (RE: "But I though[t] she was *your* grandmother!")

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed May 24 12:01:17 CEST 2000

David:

> ...what, pray tell, are the first appearances of *Gladstone* by
> someone other than Carl Barks? I know the (1951) fishing
> contest story we
> lately discussed must have been one of the first, but is
> there anything earlier?

I found one Scrooge story, just a few months earlier:

W OS  353-04   6                    BMo     US
[desc:The missing dollar] [xapp:US,GL,GD] [ser:Album]

(DD Album Four Color 353, dated November 1951, 6 pages, art Moore, featuring
Scrooge, Gladstone and Grandma.)

The Fishing Contest story was in Donald Duck Four Color 379, dated March
1952.

As far as we know, the first non-Barks story with Gladstone in WDC is in
1961 (WDC 247)!

--Harry.
Inducks - the Disney comics database
http://here.is/inducks