Brother Scrooge and Sister Grandma, a workaround?

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu May 25 11:10:59 CEST 2000

Daniel:

> > BTW, talking about traditions: in this week's Dutch weekly, Scrooge
> > is Grandma's brother again. Now that *is* confusing...

> Maybe a workaround could be that they only *look* at each
> other as being sister and brother?

That does not explain the text in the caption where it is stated that
Scrooge *is* Grandma's brother.

> I like the gold coloured money because I find it visually
> more attractive.
> For me, the gold colour emphasizes Scrooge's wealth.

I never looked at it that way. Interesting. That may have been the reason
for a colourist in the 40s to come up with yellow coins.

> > The money is called "Gulden" and Scrooge has a big "f" sign
> > on his bin.

I just wondered (again) what the editors will do when the gulden is replaced
by the euro.
(Last time I wrote about this, a Scandinavian sceptic wrote "that will never
happen" - which shows the big gaps between various European countries, even
today...)

> Still, I find it a pity that there's no European comic using
> the English language. Is the market really to[o]
> small for that?

How many European (non-British) children like to read their comics in the
English language?

--Harry.