TV Guide (again)

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Fri Nov 17 02:53:18 CET 2000

My apologies for any confusion about the usual price of TV Guide
and thanks to Mark Doukakis for explaining that this issue I spoke
of was a 'special'. Kriton may be right about the price from 10 years
ago. I do remember a time when it was only 25 cents, but it has now
become part magazine and program schedule. Not everyone with a
tv purchases TVG because any local newspaper has a daily schedule
and larger town papers often have a weekly section with a complete
schedule for the coming week.

I would answer Kriton's question about the price of comic books in
the USA, but I was only buying Gladstone's duck titles in the last few
years and I have not bought any since their finish. At the end, I was
(gladly!) paying $6.95 for the 'prestige' format.
Gary