Van Horn articles and eBay

JALustig@aol.com JALustig at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 04:23:58 CET 2000

I wanted to let people know about a couple of articles about William Van
Horn--as well as do some semi-shameless promotion for both Bill and myself.

Comics Buyer's Guide #1410 has a full-page article (with picture) written by
Bill Van Horn about his collaboration with Carl Bark in creating "Horsing
Around With History." Also in that issue is one my latest Last Kiss cartoon.
(Last Kiss is a regular feature in Comics Buyer's Guide.)

There's also a much smaller article about Bill in the current issue of the
Cartoonists Northwest Newsletter "Penstuff." The article describes Bill's
talk in August to CNN members. The article has also been posted on CNN's web
site at:

http://www.cartoonists.net

Also on the site are pictures of me and other CNN members at an exhibit at
the Northwest Bookfest. Cartoonist Roberta Gregory (daughter of Disney comic
book artist/writer Bob Gregory) was among the CNN members at the Bookfest.
There's also a link to my (temporary) and hastily constructed web site.

I've been really busy for the last few months, so I haven't placed any more
Van Horn artwork on eBay...until now. At the moment, it's all nonDisney
artwork. In the future, however, we will be placing some of his early Disney
work (from the first two years of the time when he and I were working for
Gladstone.) I'm acting as Van Horn's agent for these sales. A page of
original art from Van Horn's "Nervous Rex" comic book series is at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=501533828

A cel and background from Bill's animation days is at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=501512794

And the rarest item, a painting from one of Bill's children's books is at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=501316112

As long as I'm hawking this I might as well mention something of my own. For
the first time, I've placed a print from my Last Kiss series up for auction.
It's at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=501623338

At the very least I thought some of you might like to take a look at some of
the things Bill did before he started doing Disney comics...as well as a
project of mine that's taking up most of my time when I'm supposed to be
writing for Disney.