DCML digest, Vol 1 #328 - 9 msgs

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Nov 24 14:27:14 CET 2000

From: Botto Armando
>>>Well, what a coincidence... The latest 3 issues of the Italian weekly
"Topolino" contained the first 3 instalments of a new "mini-series" of
stories, called "I segreti del deposito" (The Secrets of the Money Bin).
The
author's (Augusto Macchetto) purpose is exactly to explore the non-vault
parts of the Bin...

That *is* a coincidence! I had no idea! I've been planning this idea for
about 13 years! Maybe I can benefit from some of their ideas -- please send
me private messages about just what they include! Thanks!

>>>If I remember correctly, the topics touched so far were pertinent to the
Italian canon only, though. For example, this week's story reveals what's
contained inside the Bin's dome, while last week we managed to have a look
at Scrooge's butler's (Battista) room.

Right -- our Barks-style Bin has no dome, and our Barks-style $crooge has
no butler.

From: "Apostolis Trikourakis"
>>>As Botto Armando said, there are some rooms like Scrooge's buttler room.

Not in "my" Bin, there t'ain't.

>>>Apart from that there are some other rooms:
1) The library room
2) the pigeons room in the roof! ("How Green was my Lettuce")
3) A *really* big room for his computer ("The Money Well")

Yep, got those... but I added the library just on my own simply as being
logical and obvious. Was such a room ever shown in a Barks story?

>>>You can use also your imagination! For example, an underground parking
room

Nope, no hidden entrances for vehicles. $crooge has no cars and there is no
money deliveries to the Bin in "my" vision. (It's all *old* money... his
new money goes to banks or exists as bank account transfers.)

>>>or... toilet facilities specially for ducks! :-)

Right, I've already shown restrooms/toilets in the Money Bin in two or
three different stories.
Thanks to you both!