Barks article & Dutch dialect comic

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Nov 27 12:05:27 CET 2000

Arthur wrote:

> This week a new issue of Dutch comic magazine Stripschrift
> will come out with a 9-page article on Carl Barks.

Right. The article (only 6 pages) is by Erik Svane. I guess this is a
Scandinavian guy? Stripschrift didn't print the original publication of the
article.
Accompanied are a few nice photographs of Barks in Disneyland.

> The back of the magazine shows a Porky Pig painting.

This is the painting Barks made for the 1977 edition of Overstreet's price
guide (#7). They (again) don't mention that. This reproduction does not have
the Price Guide logo, and is bigger than the Guide. So it must be a copy of
the original painting. I hadn't seen this version before.
(And I happened to buy that Price Guide in San Diego, just a few months
ago...)

> The last 3 pages in the
> article features short sections on "The favorite Barks-story
> of ..." several
> Dutch artists & editors of the Dutch Donald Duck weekly.

Plus some photographs of Barks' visit to Holland in 1994.

Not bad, all in all. But it could have been much better...

--Harry.
(Nice wedding photographs, Arthur!)