Barks' Brigitte money perfume idea for Scarpa

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Nov 27 18:10:00 CET 2000

I've seen the money perfume idea at
http://digilander.iol.it/inducks/Scarpa/Scarpa04.jpg
and to me it looks like a Scarpa drawing.

If so, Scarpa must have drawn the idea at least three times. The other two
versions I've seen are:

- A drawing published in Uncle Scrooge 242, April 1990.
- A blue drawing published in a 1990s Piscou. (I don't have this issue.)

I've also seen a Barks version, but I don't remember where it was
published. I think it was an Italian pocket comic (Zio Paperoni?),
which somebody (I don't remember who) showed to me in August 1999,
during a visit to Arthur de Wolf.

Arthur made a scan for me, which (reduced in size) can be seen at:
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/df_75scarpa.jpg

The drawing appears to be part of a letter, dated "Burbank, 1975",
accompanied with the text "If this siren idea is any good, you're
welcome to it. C.B."

Below this text, Barks writes:

- - - - - -

Dear Romano (and Brigitte) -

 Sorry to be so slow at
sending this slide. Have been
very busy painting. Gare and
I enjoyed meeting you and the
other fine artists and writers.
We wish you much success.

             Carl Barks

I didn't manage to find Scarpa's 1976 story "The Golden Bunch" at
the Inducks search site. I took the title from the explanation in
Uncle Scrooge 242. What is the Italian title?

Does the money perfume play an important role in the story?

Best wishes,

--- Daniel

"Gkkkkqzffjgmmmssfxxxwllvkkkski! Gckfpt!"

(Which story?) :-)