digest #331 one more time!

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Nov 27 20:13:33 CET 2000

A different subject.
I'm getting the impression that hardly anyone is finding that COMICS
JOURNAL from last month with the Barks tribute. Too bad -- I thought TCJs
were easier to locate -- it's the best English-language comic-art magazine
what am, after all. I'd hate to think that even in Europe a piece of crap
like WIZARD is easier to locate.
Anyway, my very (very) longtime friend Jim Vadeboncoeur, my choice for the
world's foremost authority on comic artists and magazine illustrators, sent
me an e-mail asking permission to put my text from that TCJ issue onto his
website where he has just added a Carl Barks entry into his database of
history's greatest illustrators. I don't suggest that my piece is the only
one from TCJ that's worth reading, or that it *is* worth reading, but it's
the only thing in that issue I can help direct interested parties toward.
You can see it on his website http://www.bpib.com/illustra.htm ... and
while you're there, read all you want about all the other great cartoonists
and magazine illustrators! The people at TCJ would never have the time to
offer reports on all of these masters, and the people at WIZARD have never
heard of any of them.