DCML digest, Vol 1 #334 - 13 msgs

Ojerasmus@aol.com Ojerasmus at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 00:42:43 CET 2000

dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

<< 'm getting the impression that hardly anyone is finding that COMICS
 JOURNAL from last month with the Barks tribute. Too bad -- I thought TCJs
 were easier to locate -- it's the best English-language comic-art magazine
 what am, after all. I'd hate to think that even in Europe a piece of crap
 like WIZARD is easier to locate. >>

I think that at least part of that was down to the appeal of that great wrap
around Barks cover. I buy the Journal regularly and ended up trying a dozen
stores for that issue only to find it sold out everywhere something that I've
never come close to experiencing in the past. Here in the UK Barks isn't as
well known as elsewhere but people certainly wanted to buy that issue of the
Journal.

I did finally get a copy yesterday and thought it was extremely well done,
the little strip by Lewis Trondheim (one of my favorite current artists) set
the tone of the whole thing for me, it was sad reading even this late after
the event but the memories of the stories cheered me up just as they did in
the Trondheim story.

I really hope you can all find a copy eventually, I got the last one when I
finally found it or I'd offer to pick up some more.

Owen Erasmus