Re: Søren: The Rodrigues

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Sat Sep 2 07:55:56 CEST 2000

    Søren:

>>     Two more Brazilian stories have replaced the
>> lastest two at:
>>
>>     http://www.projesom.com.br/afaria/b_fethry/
>>
>> B 840150 Fethry Kid "The Very Lone Ranger" 9 pages
>> Writer: Arthur Faria Jr. (hey, it's me!)
>> Artist: Irineu Soares Rodrigues

>Interesting stuff, Arthur. I only knew *one* Rodrigues namely Moacir
>Soares Rodrigues (great artist BTW, he drew an excellent Goofy). Do you
>know the "connection" between the two, any family relation or something?

    Yes, they are brothers. Actually, according to my
sources, there were *three* brothers Rodrigues working
as pencilers for Abril Jovem: Moacir Rodrigues Soares,
Irineu Soares Rodrigues and Verci de Mello. But don't
ask me why the middle and last names of the formers
are switched, and why the latter has a different last
name. Artist's thing, I guess. ;-)

    -- Arthur.