DCML digest #470

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun Apr 8 14:56:43 CEST 2001

From: Nils Lid Hjort <nils at math.uio.no>
>>>>>Another footnote reads:
"The music played by the Pohjola Woman [I actually used "kjerring"]
here is from the march of the valkuerien, by Wagner. Don Rosa
has actually used this musical quotation once before in a Donald Duck
story ..."

Oh, yeah, even *I* had forgotten I'd done that.
I was figuring that Louhi ("Pohjola Woman") was the story's villain,
wanting to conquer the world, and I knew that the people in Europe who
usually get that notion have a special fondness for Wagner's "Die Walkure"
("Ride of the Valkyries").