USA Gold Coins

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Wed Apr 11 15:29:06 CEST 2001

In the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s most of the families of American peole I knew
had at least SEVERAL US minted gold coins.  They ALL had at least a few $5
and $10 gold pieces and most had $20 gold pieces (usually Double Eagles).
-  These were all lower to middle to upper Middle Class families in terms
of income (no Elite or Robber Barons among them).  Most American families,
that I new in those times, had at least one (uually more) adult, who kept a
$20 gold coin on a chain or amulate as a "Lucky Charm".      Rob Klein