Thanks to Fernando, Olivier and Harald... me - a creator?

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 12:28:27 CEST 2001

Hi there! Thanks for lots of answers on my question. Fernando wanted me to
write more about my "new profession", and so I will... (if you're not
interested in reading stuff about ME, you can just delete this mail...)

Well, I am a student right now, so in this moment, it is no way for me to be
a full-time disney creator. I just want to be a part of the Disney universe.
Each week I read the "Donald Duck & Co" and, to be honest, I don't like the
quality on most comics. I love Carl Barks/Don Rosa, but I think there should
be more story writers like them - who 1) write comics in the mid-50's, where
$crooge can be alive and the time prospect can be correct, 2) try to connect
the stories, in the same way as Don Rosa uses his Barks references, 3) bring
$crooge out on adventures all around the world, 4) connect the life in
Duckburg with events around in the world and 5) try to use the events of Lo$
in the stories. I was very curious, and then I made up my mind; I want to
write such stories myself (just the writing though... I am a terrible
drawer)! I made a phone call to the editor of "Donald Duck & Co", Solveig
Thime (yes, that's Egmont), and she sent me a cartoon script guide.
Right now I'm working on my first cartoon, which is a story about (this is
big:) THE INVENTION OF LITTLE HELPER. I'm quite sure my next story will be a
story where $crooge, Donald and HD&L goes to Oak Island to search for the
treasure which is hidden there (I need some more research on that story, I'm
not 100% updated on the Oak Island mystery), and on that journey Donald
brings his LP record with that song on, and the song turns out to have an
effect on the ocean... right now that idea exist only in my head...
But, of course, things take time. When I'm 18 y.o., a student, very engaged
in student politics AND hosting a local radio show (yes, this was a portrait
of me...) I don't have too much time to write $crooge stories. But I try to
spend as much time as I can on it. Still, I haven't finished my first story,
but when I do, I will send it to Egmont and cross my fingers...
One thing I can guarantee is that in the future I will use Blackheart Beagle
a lot... B.B. is the one bandit that has a high wish to get revenge on
$crooge - and he would, if he got the chance, kill $crooge as well. (Like
the relationship Mickey Mouse has to the Phantom Blot.)

Anyway, this is me. I will try as good as I can to write this comics. I hope
you, Fernando, is satisfied with this answer.

Yes, I agree that the old hermit looks a lot like Santa Claus... but when I
read the story, he had a LIGHT BROWN beard...

Bye for now!
-olaf-