The Song -- also, Duckburg & Mouseton

Donald Markstein dmarkstein at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 21:41:15 CEST 2001

The Song:
The name of the song was "The Screaming Cowboy". The words were "Oh, bury me
thar with my battered git-tar A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!" It appeared
in WDC&S 137, Feb., 1952.

Duckburg, Mouseton:
At Egmont, at least, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck both live in the same
Duckburg (or Andeby). They're just in different parts of the city, and tend
not to run into each other anymore (so crossovers are discouraged -- even to
the point where I couldn't let a crazy inventor in a Mickey Mouse story have
a picture on his wall of himself shaking hands with Gyro Gearloose). That's
official. Apparently, Mickey doesn't get around very often to the part of
town where you can see the Money Bin and the statue of Cornelius Coot --
either that, they're always outside the frame. I've heard vague hints lately
that Mouseton (which I believe first appeared in the Disney-published comics
of the early 1990s) may be revived as a separate place where Mickey and his
friends live, but no official word as yet. Until then -- same city, same
pig-faced mayor, etc.

Green Irish, Orange Irish:
I don't know how widespread the search for this story is, but several weeks
ago, I got a note at my Toonopedia address (http://www.toonopedia.com, by
the way, if you're interested in running barefoot through a vast repository
of toonological knowledge) asking this very same question. I wasn't able to
come up with anything. Now, I see it's being discussed here. I haven't been
following this list as closely as one ought, so I don't know how it came up.
Same thing? Somebody got a note asking about it?

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary. What's today?
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm