Quiz & Treasure Hunt #2! , Comics (Søren )

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 17 18:08:22 CEST 2001

David Gerstein & Daniel Eijmeren have dug up the first treasure!
Reminder & one more hint for fellow hunters:
    In which story can you find an old horsecar ticket & a wolf trap?
    Hints:    A Donald ten-pager in which Donald plays a particular record
                  Are you missing something? The answer may be in this story...

Daniel also blitz-answered Quiz 4:
>>> "No. E 12278464 B , No. D 17913149 B, No. J 86556958 A are missing"
>"The Case of the Sticky Money" (US 42), panel 6.4.
>Could these numbers have been *real* greenback serial numbers?
>If so, then (in theory) it must be possible to get greenbacks which are
>"proved" to have been in Scrooge's money bin. :-)
Right! Hadn't thought of  that. Funny thing.

Treasure Hunt &# 2:
Where can you find a ball of  string... and a stub of  pencil?
Hint:    They are not used to tie or write anything.

Søren:
I think it always boils down to Barks , Rosa , Murry; ..., because their stories are the
most wide-spread an well-known, not out of  contempt for the other authors / artists.
I'd certainly like to read about other comics / artists, too, though I couldn't contribute much
this way: I am not a regular buyer of  the French Disney magazines (shame on me
for missing this opportunity other countries don't have).
I stopped buying them regularly in the late '80s when they changed and "modernized"
to appeal to the next generation. The covers were hideously modern and the stories
uninteresting. I kept looking for the classics in the original language and finally found them
in '94. So for some ten years now I have only bought the special issues of  the French
magazines. Sometimes I have thumb through other issues at the bookstore but am
not tempted enough; the cover of  a recent Mickey Parade (announcing the introduction
of  new ratface characters) rather repelled me in fact. The story and characters may have
turned out all right, but I just wasn't attracted.
For instance, I know Paperinik (Fantomiald in French), but not the modern one. I would
very much like to read some of  these stories. Are there scans available somewhere?
To paraphrase Olaf, this Donald & these stories can't be part of  the universe we know,
but they seem rather enjoyable nonetheless, judging from the couple of  scans on the
official site-- you may think of  them as dreams Donald makes. The covers are great:
the coloring is amazing!
There are artists I like very much but don't know their names. I've been wanting to scan
a few panels to ask for some time now but haven't done it yet. (Or check on the COA
using the story code)

Olivier

PS:
I made a mistake and used my private e-mail for the previous message.
Please use *this one*.