Zio Paperone #139

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Wed Apr 18 21:10:50 CEST 2001

Here I come with my new monthly column about Zio Paperone.

First a note: it seems to me that lately there are less and less articles
on Zio Paperone and this is bad! I hoe it is only a coincidence due to no
space left by long stories, or somthing like that, because one of the
things that make Zio Paperone great are Luca's and Alberto's articles.
On this one, only one short article unfortunately.

Anyway:

- Cover by Marco Rota inspired by Barks' "Volcano Valley"
- Letter page, with questions for Don Rosa alredy reported here by Armando
and Anders.
- An Errata Corrige for a wrong credit in last issue, about a Kinney/Scarpa
story that actually was a Kinney/CHENDI/Scarpa story, but we induksers
already knew ;-)
- The short article about Barks' "Volcano Valley", by Luca Boschi, also
reprinting the cover by Carl Von Buettner where the story first appeared.
Luca also notices in the article that this is onlt the second real Ialian
reprint, because earlier reprints were not from the original Barks' art,
but traced.
- Barks' "Volcano Valley"
- "Paperino e l'ora dell'oro", written by Guido Martina and art by Romano
Scarpa. 7th story drawn by Scarpa, his third starring ducks (this means
that it's very old, 1955), still the art is already beautiful.
- "Paperino e il pozzo di petrolio" art by Jack Bradbury from Donald Duck
37, 9/19 1954. some panels of the story come straight from an original
colored reprint.
- "Zio Paperone Due nipoti, nessun profitto", that is to say "Nobody's
Business", that was still unpublished here. Well, what a wonderful gag in
the last panel.
- "Paperino Uno scherzo mal riuscito", Barks' one-pager from Four Color
187, 12/47 (a guy on a car asks for Donald to Donald and he sends him
'round the block joiking him)
- "Paperino Troppa... classe!", Barks' one-pager from Four Color 187, 12/47
(Donald puts a sunshade(?) on his car and.. flies on a tree).

Besides the lack of articles, a really good issue. Nobody's business,
Scarpa's "Ora dell'oro" (that hadn't been reprinted for oh so long, not
counting Big Orange Comic Art Books) and a very good Bradbury story.

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo (Scarpa)