Olaf Solstrand: A Funny story about me!!!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Thu Apr 19 02:16:14 CEST 2001

Olaf sad:
">Fernando, here's a funny story about you:
>When you said that you're a story writer yourself, I thought "Oh my god,
>where have I heard his name before? I must have read thousands of Fernando
>stories!" I went to the store to buy the newest Donald Duck & Co, and
>searched the entire magazine for stories signed "Fernando". I found none.
>Then I made an internet search to find out which stories you had written -
>so that I could think back on them and think "Oh my god, THAT was Fernando?
>Wow, I remember that story, it was good..." When I found out that you have
>only written Jose Carreras-stories that never has been released in Norway,
>was a little bit embarrased... I have no idea who I mixed you up with..."

Uf!!! After an hour and a half reading the mails from the list of today, I
can write one too! :)

Probably you confused my name with Fernando Bonini, or, probably, Fernando
Güell...

This is funny! I'm much more a fan, than an artist! The best way when I
listen a "new" name of a creator, on this list, for example, is to going
check it on the Inducks, and see if some of his histories are published here
in Brazil...! Or, and I think this can be include on the "new things to
talk" discussion, when I read here(DCML), about a creator that I'm not
familiar with, I also check the Inducks, since many histories from many
countries are published here, I probably "know" the artist, not by name, but
by his style!

You sad that I have only wroten Jose Carreras stories...NO!!! José Carioca,
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Or, as we say for short, just Zé Carioca...! ;)

Hum, in fact, I think it's a GREAT SHAME that the brazilian Carioca stories
are not published on al the European countries...I'm excluding here Italy
and Portugal...! I'm not talkign about MY fan comics, but about the MANY,
MANY others good stories that are created here! I can say many names? Yes,
let's see some of then:
Paulo Borges, Arthur Faria Jr, Gerson Teixeira, Renato Canini, Carlos
Herrero, Kaled Kaliu Kambour, Euclides Miyaura and many, many, many
others...!!!

I have wrotte some Mice and Duck, but nothing came to the newstands with
then yet...and I'm sure my DRAW style will not be aprecciate by many Duck
fans around here, since many of then dislike the italian style...and my own
is very different, peculiar, and...with lot's of distortioned
characters...!!! I specially like NEW styles, so you can imagine a crazy
fan, "trying" to write and draw Disney histories, thinking on it, at a
drawign table, with his boss and the editor becomign cazy too...
Well, I hope someone like's...who knows?
Sometimes I think, if I'm not the artist of it, I will probably hate it! ;)

Fernando!