José Carioca, $crooge/Grandma, Donald's father

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:56:24 CEST 2001

How did I manage to write José Carioca's name wrong? I feel ashamed...
I think of José Carioca (and maybe also on day Panchito Pistoles) as an
interesting figure, but except from that he is one out of three cabarellos,
I know nothing about this. Does anybody reading this know if this stories
ever will be aviable in Norway? Why couldn't stories like these take over
the place of the Mickey Mouse-stories in the Donald Duck & Co? And all
Mickey stories could be moved into the monthly comic book "Mikke Mus"? Just
a thought.

If anyone her has not read the story "From egg to duck" by Marco Rota, we
can see that Donald is a little baby duck in an egg in a nest in the forest.
This egg falls down on the road and is found by (siblings?) Grandma and
$crooge. Grandma wants them adopt him, something $crooge doesn't want.
"well," she says, "if you don't want to be a father for the baby, you can at
least be his uncle!" He responds "Of course... and you can be his grandma!
Haha!" When I read this I thought of $crooge and Grandma as siblings. This
story may even support that fact. (but I don't think so...)

Stop arguing about who was Donald's "FATHER"! Donald has one father;
Quackmore Duck! Walt Disney is the first person to introduce Donald for us,
even though that was an all different figure from the one we know, and Barks
was the best story teller about Donald.

Donald and his friends live in a dimension in all human heads. Walt Disney
was the first one that noticed him. Carl Barks explored him and told us more
exact what happened with him, followed by Don Rosa and many more. But Donald
is Donald, and Donald exists. That's as easy as that. Donald is a human
being for me, and you can't "create" a human being. Nobody can. Donald is
alive in our minds.

---olaf---