Stephan RE: Delurk, introducktion and a question

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Apr 19 22:31:17 CEST 2001

Stephan Packard (Welcome here!):

> I only know that around the age of
> 14 or so, I was still an avid fan; when I was 17, I had
> stopped buying or reading the comics, and I can't
> imagine why or even when I ever made that decision.

Funny thing. Most people seem to have a "gap" in Disney-comics fandom
somewhere around their puberty. Though most people I know can at least
remember why! 8-)
In my case, the decision was made by my parents. I was getting "too old" for
that stuff. I was 12 at the time. At age 15, I bought my first Disney comic
with my own money. "The Ghost of the Grotto", DD weekly 14, 1977 - ah sweet
memories...

> the Italian, Greek etc.
> Disney publications; some of these can be found at the
> main station or the airport here

Lucky you! I travel to Antwerpen (Belgium) from time to time, which is the
nearest place to buy French Disney comics. And they *do* have German comics
here (in Holland), but only during the summer (and not the albums etc.).
Apart from that, foreign comics are impossible to get here...

> I am very interested in purchasing the original English
> version of Don Rosa's storys, especially the Lo$;

I think Gladstone still accepts orders (maybe even by e-mail) for the 4
soft-cover albums that reprint the Life of Scrooge, and the other 4 albums
that reprint Rosa's early work. They shouldn't be too expensive.

--Harry.
Harry Fluks, Leidschendam, The Netherlands