Milton (RE: Don Rosa in Italy)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Apr 19 22:40:27 CEST 2001

Armando:

> "Zio Paperone" also published all of Jippes' 10-pagers, and
> most of the
> stories both written and drawn by Milton (8 out of 12). I
> must admit that I
> don't like Milton's drawing style that much... even though
> I'd be curious to see his "Big Sneeze" 31-page story.

The Big Sneeze story is one that he re-drew in 1979 or so. His style was
still very influenced by Jippes.
The other Milton-only stories were from some years later, after Jippes left
the continent. Milton got more his own style, which is OK in most cases, but
not perfect.

On the other hand, Milton's (non-Disney) Gnuff stories are really a treat.
Both stories and artwork are very good. Highly recommended!

--Harry.