Italian stories...

ODD BJARNE POULSEN skovro at get2net.dk
Thu Apr 19 22:49:13 CEST 2001

 In Denmark, I believe, most Italian stories are printed in what we call "Jumbobøger", some kind of pocket books. I never read very many of them, and mostly the old ones - = before "Italian writers, I gues...
I have seen some, though, great Italian drawings - as far as I remember, the story wasn't special, but the drawings were Ok, and the colouring was amazing.
Olaf wrote something like he has to decide whether the stories/characters fit into "his" duck-universe.
I enjoy reading duckstories, even if they're not Don Rosa's/Barks' - so I guess I have two Duckworlds... 1) The one that allows me to have alotta fun with a lotta books to check facts - or just enjoy great art = Don Rosa & Barks - and 2) The Duckworld that allows me to relaX - just read, have fun, and not look for hidden DUCK's, Mickeys etc...
I prefer the first one - but since I cannot read Don Rosa & Barks ALL the time, I'll "have to" look at the others too...
That also gives me/us a chance to copare styles, stories etc...
And Olaf, since you want to write stories: It can be very important, I believe, to know WHY one do not want to write like the Italians...

/99E