Sketches and submited scripts

Francois Willot Willot.Francois at ec-lille.fr
Sat Apr 21 23:48:42 CEST 2001

Rob Klein:

>I have been informed by someone who should know, that VNU has completely
>closed the door on scripts that are not submitted in drawn layout >format.
>I apologise, as I did not know this.  The many times Thom Roep told me
>that any especially outstanding story would not be turned away ocurred
>between 1984 and 1993.  Frans Haaselaar told me that in 1992 and 1993.
>Even given that, the editor would have asked the script writer to >attempt
the layout drawing.  That time (1993) was just before a whole >new
generation of Dutch story writers came up (who all drew layouts - as
>required).  With all the new - regular production, GP/VNU could now make
>the drawn layout requirement ABSOLUTE.

In France, all story scripts are drawn (sketched), as far as I know.

There are examples of sketches of F-coded stories on the following pages
BTW:
http://www2.ec-lille.fr/coa/coa/des.uk.php

   France