Jaime Diaz

BFOSTERLA@aol.com BFOSTERLA at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 06:25:16 CEST 2001

I first met Jaime Diaz back in the early 70s, when he came to work at
Hanna-Barbera Studios as an animator. Jaime worked in the animation business
in Los Angeles for quite a number of years, then disappeared. We didn't hang
out together or anything like that, so I never really kept a watch on his
whereabouts, except that I found out he had returned to Argentina to open an
animation studio. He "commuted" between Argentina and Burbank about once or
twice a month to secure work. A lot of that "work" was the studio (S Code)
comics he did for Disney Studios.  I reestablished a working relationship
with Jaime when his studio did comic book art for the Disney Comics that were
produced by Disney in Burbank. I really have no idea what Jaime paid his
artists, but somewhere along the line two or three of his very best artists
wound up in New York, perhaps having found out what comic book artists really
got paid.  Maybe they decided to cut out the middle man. Anyway, when the
Disney comics died, I don't know if the artists were able to maintain a good
income  from publishers in New York, or if the business continued to prosper
without Jaime at the helm, but Jaime has since closed his studio in Argentina
and has moved to the Los Angeles, California area, where (he told me) he
intends to stay. Last I heard he was working at an animation studio in the
Hollywood area. If anyone wants to know more, I could make a few phone calls
and get the details.