Demon Tooth , Barksisms , Artist Samples

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 22 18:53:21 CEST 2001

Gilles:
>>In at least two Barks' stories, is a mountain called "La Dent du Diable" in
>>France. (I haven't the time to search the story codes) Are those two
>>mountains the same i the original versions?

(the French translation means "Devil's Tooth", actually)
Can remember one story only. I guess fellow members will recall both.
The story code may not be necessary: what are these stories about?

In WDC&S 157 (Oct '53, "The Money Stairs"), Donald challenges Uncle Scrooge
to climb "Demon Tooth".

By the way, in the previous WDC&S ("The Master Rainmaker"), the Idle Dandies
meet in Greenwood Canyon for their annual picnic. I can't find it (or missed it)
on your map.

Arie:
>>Does anybody know if "doggoned it" was something barks created or was
>>already in American language lifestyle back then?
"Doggone" was a favorite of  Mickey's in Gottfredson's early strips..

Rob:
>>make a website showing a one-panel or one-page sample for each
>>artist, with perhaps a very short biography next to it.
Great idea!
Allow me to add the following suggestions:
a/    a few panels showing the evolution of  the artist's style
        (I guess that's what you had in mind as well)
b/    the earliest panel possible featuring a recurring character created by the artist.
        (I already have a few such panels for Barks: click on the U$ icon under
        "Disney Character" at http://members.nbci.com/mouse_ducks/
        to get to the "Barks' Creations-- Timeline" section; clicking on "p , panel "
        for the first five will display the panel in the lower left gray frame; naturally, I can
        provide the larger original scans)

Olivier