Strip stories

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Mon Apr 23 21:31:41 CEST 2001

From: "Petri Kanninen" <pkannine at cc.hut.fi>

> I would love to have a resurrection of daily strips with a continous
> plot.

My dream is for somebody to call Scarpa do that. He was BORN to do that and
he (almost) never managed because "they wouldn't sell".

He did some regular (in format) stories that had the feelings and the rythm
of Gottrfredson's strips (like "Tapioco VI" of course), and then he did
four long strip stories, at the beginning of the Nineties, I love them.
(but they were published on "Topolino", not a newspaper...

Still my dream would be to see him publish one strip a day on a newspaper,
black and white... oh that would be so wonderful!

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo (Scarpa)