Pocket Books: do you remember?

Vic Pratt thebeesong at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:20:53 CEST 2001

Hello Duck Folks

All this talk of pocket-books filled with European
Disney strips makes me feel quite jealous here in
duck-free UK. But it also brings to mind a
half-remembered memory...maybe I'm mistaken...in the
Seventies or early Eighties, my Grannie used to bring
me old comics that she bought at jumble
sales...occasionally she would bring an Italian pocket
sized Disney comic (How I wished I could read
Italian!) but I seem to remember that on one occasion
she brought a similar pocket size Disney comic, but
actually in English...translations of  European Disney
strips...she bought three or four of them...they
looked new...I believe she might have bought them in
Woolworths...

Of course, over the years, the comics vanished....

Does anyone else remember these comics? I'd sure like
to find them again....a failed experiment, maybe?

Best Duck Wishes
VIC

=====
A FINE ELECTRONIC PORTMANTEAU OF COMICS AND CURIOSITIES AT:
           http://come.to/thefleacircus