Scrooge -- did he really make it square?

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 29 12:44:10 CEST 2001

NILS LID HJORT ELOQUENTLY SUBMITTED:

> I wish to put it to you that yes, there are skeletons in Scrooge's closet.

> I also call on
> fellow historians, readers and witnesses to help the attorney in
> this process. Please place your reports and arguments, in reasonable
> brevity and with precise literary references, to the DCML.

> The Supreme Court administrator has warned us that apocryphical
> material will be considered evidence to be overruled, so discussion
> must be limited to documents prepared from 1947 to 2001 by
> only the most trusted reporters on aspects of Scrooge's life,
> to wit, Carl Barks, Don Rosa, and possibly also Tony Strobl and
> Marco Rota (the court will decide on this on a case by case basis).
> Readers, you have been challenged.

AND I CONCUR:

There are most definitely dark areas in Scrooge's past.  Consider his
treatment of Foola Zoola and his fellow headhunters during Scrooge's early
years.  But I do believe that Scrooge regretted that manifestation of his
personality, and refused to engage in such practices after his "redemption"
on Bear Mountain.  Latter day stories that make him out to be an outright
thief are certainly outside of the elder Scrooge's character.

--
Dan Shane
(danshane at bellsouth.net)