Scrooge -- did he really make it square?

Kevin Clark magicianzero at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:18:05 CEST 2001

>From: "Lunnan & Hjort" <brit.lunnan at chello.no>
>To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
>CC: <nils at math.uio.no>
>Subject: Scrooge -- did he really make it square?
>Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:01:59 -0700
>
>My honoured opponent, defense attorney Kevin Clark at the
>Magician Zero Law Office, will have his chance at countering my
>evidence later on. But first it is my procuratorial duty to present
>you with the necessary incriminating evidence.

Ladies and gentlemen, it would be both my duty and my distinct pleasure to
counter such claims against my client as my distinguished colleague from
Lunnan & Hjort may bring.  At this time, however, I fear I must ask for a
postponement, as an unavoidable previous engagement demands my exclusive
attention -- and will, in fact, keep me away from my office entirely --
until Saturday, May 5th.

It is true that my client is entitled to a swift trial, ladies and gentlemen
of the jury, but the Swiftness of Justice should never be allowed to
override the *ahem* Squareness of Justice.

Thank you,
Kevin Clark
Attorney for the Defense