Death in Disney comics

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Wed Aug 1 15:01:53 CEST 2001

PETRI
> >but I seem to remember the scene takes just a few panels in the original
> >version.
> [...]
> >The Inducks currently reports that the TM 27 reprint (which came out in
> >1994) is 40 pages long, exactly like the original version - which seems
> >to imply that no addition was made (maybe Marco Barlotti can verify?).
> That's funny. The Finnish version is also 40 pages long, so if the
original
> scene is only few panels they must have cut something out. But I don't
> recall any gaps in the plot.

My mistake: the "scene" I was thinking about was only the final part of the
sequence redrawn by Perego. After looking at Hans's scans, I can confirm
that 3 pages of Carpi art were exactly replaced by Perego's. It'll all
become very clear as soon as Hans puts the Italian version on-line ;-)

> It's in the Finnish pocket book (Aku Ankan taskukirja) number 3 that is
the
> reprint of Italian CWD 32. Strange, you would think that the change would
be
> in the Italian edition too. And there is only one year between the two
> publications.
> How about other reprints? The story is at least reprinted in Lustiges
> Taschenbuch 13, Kalle Ankas pocket bok 11 and Mickey Parade 886 (or 12? I
> don't get French issue numbers). Is anyone willing to check?

Hans already told us about LT 13, and I'm inclined to think that also the
Swedish version be the Perego one. It would be interesting to know which
North-European editor asked for the modification to be performed...
Instead, Mickey Parade 886 came out in June 1969, exactly like Classici 32 -
so maybe they used the Carpi version... perhaps Francois can check?

Ciao,
Armando