DCML digest #624

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Aug 4 14:22:08 CEST 2001

From: "Anders Christian Sivebaek" <acsive at mail.mira.dk>
of the next Rosa-book in Finland.
When will it be released? What is going to be in it apart from The Lost
Crown Of The Crusader Kings?
And will there be some signing sessions with Don Rosa, as last time,
when the Kalevala-book was released?

The contents of the book will be:
- "The Crown of the Crusader Kings"
- "Fit to be Pied" (AR 108)
- "The Crocodile Collector"
- "Metaphorically Spanking" (AR 119)
- "Return to Plain Awful"
- "His Majesty, McDuck"
- "On a Silver Platter"
- "The Treasury of Croesus"

Aside from the "Crown of the Crusader Kings" story (which is a new one
written to have a "Finnish connection", though a pretty lame one compared
to "Quest for Kalevala"), the other stories were chosen because it's been a
while since they appeared in Finland, or they were in an obscure edition
(other than the weekly) or have never appeared in Finland at all. I'm also
providing a new book cover, texts to accompany each story, and
reproductions of unused portions of the original storyboard-scripts of the
stories.
It will be released in November -- I'll be touring book stores in Finland
to promote it on Nov. 29-Dec. 5, hitting four cities this time.... then
I'll stay for their gigantic 50th Anniversary celebration of the first
issue of AKU ANKKA (Dec. 5, 1951) where I will be required to don my first
tuxedo! (What about my wedding? No, I got married in a t-shirt and bare
feet under a palm tree on a tropical beach.)

From: "Arthur de Wolf" <arthur at westbrabant.net>
>>>I was in Luxemburg on Saturday July 14th.
Don Rosa was in a seperate
building from all the other artists. The building he was in was a cultural
center. There were thousands of flies inside.

Was it so bad? Then I should be glad that only 3 or 4 were crawling on me,
but they were *enough*!

water over the entire street we had to go through. The people of the stands
were packing up. Comics were floating around down the street.

Just in defense of the spirit of these dealers who are used to selling in
open-air markets, they were able to button up tight and withstand the
deluge, then open back up again the instant the rain stopped. So the rain
did not cause anyone to pack up and leave, only cause them to close down
during the downpours. But too bad about the rain -- when I was there two
years ago, the weather was perfect. That's the breaks.