Swedish in Finland

Ari Seppi mani at sci.fi
Mon Aug 13 17:37:09 CEST 2001

Petri:
>HARRY:
>>How many Swedish-speaking people are there in Finland?
>Actually everyone in Finland should speak Swedish because it's mandatory at
>school. ;-)

Yes, almost (don't forget the people who went to school before Swedish
became a mandatory for everyone) I meant to say "Swedish-like language
speakers who don't speak Finnish". I should be more careful in what I say.

Harry:
>(Or maybe they are "officially" non-existant?)

No, we prefer not doing that kind of things in Finland (although Sami and
some other smaller groups have had some problems). For historical reasons
language rights of Finnish-Swedish population have always been very well
protected.

Petri:
>It is called Die göttliche Entenkömedie (The Divine
>Duckcomedy) and it contains the famous Italian story L'inferno di Topolino
>(I TL    7-A).

You mentioned that when it was in stores, but I forgot to get it! I think I
go to hit my head to the wall.

--
Ari Seppi (mani at sci.fi)
Erittäin fanaattinen Disney-sarjakuvien ja Harry Potter -kirjojen palvoja