Barks items (010814)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Aug 14 19:05:13 CEST 2001

Links to rare/original/unpublished Barks items. I don't have any
connection with the sellers or the sites. If you've seen other
rare/original/unpublished items, I hope you'll post them to the list
as well. Information is taken from the sellers' descriptions, unless
otherwise noted. ("DvE")

Items at Ebay (http://www.ebay.com):

- - - - - - -

CARL BARKS original drawing
Item # 1178478313
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1178478313

Here is the original CARL BARKS pencil layout for JUNIOR WOODCHUCKS #10,
"Maple Sugar Time", page 6, from 1971. The ink work was completed by
staff artists at Western Publishing. Pencil on heavyweight paper,
measures 12" x 9" (30,5 x 23 cm). Has several tiny pinpricks in the
upper right corner and has once been folded horizontally and vertically
(barely visible). Otherwise in very good condition. Great quality, full
satisfaction guaranteed! From the collection of noted comic book historian
and Carl Barks Library co-editor Thomas Andrae, comes together with a
certificate of authenticity written by him. The complete pencil script
is published in the Carl Barks Library vol. VI, 1, p.194-197. I had the
whole story up on eBay during the last months and only one other page left.

When they are sold, that's it! Some days ago a handwritten letter by
Carl Barks with drawings of Donald and a nephew sold for $710 on eBay.
Here you can get *15* ducks (including Scrooge) for less! Please feel
free to eMail with any question and have a look at my other auctions.

[Indeed, the pencil script is published in The Carl Barks Library, in
a quality that is good enough to read, but too bad to do justice to
Barks' original art. Do good, detailed quality reproductions exist of
the Junior Woodchuck scripts? DvE.]

- - - - - - -

Carl Barks, nice Girl Art, signed
Item # 1177201553
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1177201553

This is a pre-drawing for the oil painting "Old King Cole" it is done
in 1977 in red and black pencil on paper. The drawing is 19 x 25cm and
signed by Carl Barks. For more original art please visit:
[http://www.carlbarksshop.de]

- - - - - - -

CARL BARKS ESTATE SIGNED LITHO PRINT 13x17!!!
Item # 1178715934
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1178715934

This item was acquired at Carl's estate auction !!

This lot consists of a 13 X 16 1/2 inch OIL PAINTING LITHO PRINT signed
by CARL BARKS on the bottom & will be shrinkwraped on foam board.PICTURE
IS A SAMPLE OF THE PRINT YOU ARE BIDDING ON ,ACTUAL LITHO IS SIGNED NEAR
THE BOTTOM(too big to fit on my scanner!) A GREAT SIGNED PIECE OF ART
FROM CARLS OWN HOME!!WE ALL WILL MISS THE JOY THIS GREAT MAN & ARTIST
BROUGHT TO THE WORLD.

THE AUCTION WAS HELD IN GRANTS PASS,OREGON AT HIS HOME ON JUNE 30 2001 .
I WAS ABLE TO ACQUIRE MOST OF HIS DRAWING & PAINTING UTENSILES ALSO &
WILL BE PUTTING MANY UP ON AUCTION SOON! ALL ITEMS WILL COME WITH
AUTHENTICATION FROM THE AUCTIONEER & COPY OF AUCTION RECIEPT.

["Till Death Do Us Part".
Description of size is different to announcement of size. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

CARL BARKS ESTATE SIGNED LITHO PRINT 13x16!!
Item # 1178720812
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1178720812

This item was acquired at Carl's estate auction !!

This lot consists of a 13 X 16 1/2 inch OIL PAINTING LITHO PRINT signed
by CARL BARKS on the bottom & will be shrinkwraped on foam board.

["The Makings of a Fish Story".
Description same as for previous item. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

CARL BARKS ESTATE SIGNED LITHO PRINT 13x16!!
Item # 1178727523
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1178727523

This item was acquired at Carl's estate auction !!

This lot consists of a 13 X 16 1/2 inch OIL PAINTING LITHO PRINT signed
by CARL BARKS on the bottom & will be shrinkwraped on foam board.

["In Uncle Walt's Collectery".
Description same as for previous item. DvE.]

- - - - - - -

CARL BARKS Progressive Proof Set Signed RARE!
Item # 1178212956
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1178212956

This auction is for a superb Carl Barks Progressive Proof Set of "In the
Cave of Ali Baba" produced by Another Rainbow and complete with certificate
and customized linen box. This is one of just 2 German editions, and is
numbered "D Prog 2/2" (and is also one of just six produced worldwide,
according to the certificate). This progressive proof set is comprised of
15 colors and 29 prints that have been sequentially numbered as to their
on-press progression. The final print has gold leaf added and is signed by
Carl Barks! The 29 prints have been inserted in Mylar sleeves for permanent
storage and are housed in a hand-crafted, foil-stamped, customized box. All
prints are 21.5" x 25" with image area of 16" x 20". You can see the
customized box and a few of the prints in the image below.

- Daniel