Barks and Gene Kelly

Santiago Garcia Banhos sgarcia at external.uf-isf.es
Thu Aug 16 10:33:53 CEST 2001

Hello, dear comrades!

Any movies lovers around there?

Yesterday, reading that Bark's story in which Donald enchants a giant
serpent by playing his flute (I don't know the exact English title), I
remembered Gene Kelly's "Invitation to the Dance" (1956) in which there is
an animation short where a little sailor boy does exactly the same:
enchanting a big serpent by playing Rimsky-Korsakov's "Sherezade" on his
flute. The fact that made me "connect" them is that the serpent starts to
dance at the rithm of the music very comically.

Unfortunately I can't query for that story in the DCML right now. Do any of
you know when it was published?

Any other suggestions?

Thanx,